Wednesday 14 September 2011

Resolutions re-visited

The beginning of the autumn always reminds me of going back to school, fresh starts. It's kind of a second new year.

I made some creative resolutions at the start of the year, so maybe this is a good time to re-visit them and see how I'm doing!

This is what I wanted to do creatively this year...

1. Try encaustic art (painting with wax) - 
Success! This is my first effort, done with collage elements, beeswax and a travel iron!! I think it'll take a while to get the hang of properly but it's great fun and I'll definitely do more!



2. I'd like to experiment more with texture/fabric/stitch in my art
 

Hm... I think there are definitely some elements of that I've brought into my work this year. I'm going to give myself a tick for that one!

3. I'd like to look further into wholesale accounts for my wooden hearts 
Well, not yet - though I do have a couple of opportunities in the concept stage at the moment.

4. I want to do a really huge tag canvas! 
 
This is the biggest one I've done this year - it's only 8x10". One I still need to work on - though I have 3 months left!


Did you make any creative resolutions this year? 
How are yours going?

6 comments:

  1. Congratulations Angie on making and keeping your Art resolutions. Wonderful works of art! I love the mini envelopes and the gorgeous stained tags and the encaustic painting with the bird on it. I do love birds in art. Keep up the good work.
    xo,
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your work is fabulous- I think you are well on the way with your resolutions. I am just trying to sew more- a work in progress I think! September always makes me get itchy feet and a real desire to start learning something new!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's wonderful that you kept so many of your goals! I have a "play date" planned with another artist to experiment with encaustics, which I've been wanting to try for forever!
    My only other goal was to continue working to find my own style which is a constant process of course......

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful work!! Its nice to meet your blog!! Love from Greece!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'd say you have done a fabulous job of keeping your creative goals. I am in love with your texture pieces, mini envies, decorated tags, and repetition. I look forward to seeing more encaustics, too. Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for your lovely comments :)

    Steph your arty play date sounds fun! Can't wait to see what you create :)

    ReplyDelete