Thursday 31 December 2009




Once again it's the time of year for focusing on the future and making New Year resolutions.

Setting goals can be helpful (I always find that writing something down makes me much more likely to actually commit to doing it!) but I think sometimes we can be too busy looking forward, and moving on to the next challenge, to remember to stop and actually enjoy achieving the last one!

So, this New Year I encourage you to take a moment to think about what you've achieved creatively this year, reflect on your successes, and raise a glass of something bubbly to yourself!

A few things on my list would be -

Each one of my art sales - I've been really lucky to have such wonderful customers, both off and online.

Having some work commissioned for a new UK craft magazine - more about that soon!

Selling some of my work at a new gallery.

I've also loved being part of various etsy groups this year. I feel very privilidged to have been able to share ideas, inspirations, and frustrations, and bask in the creative atmostphere of the IAE team, the Manchester etsy girls, and the Craft Brittania UK team.

I'd love to know what you are proud to have achieved in 2009!

Wishing everyone a wonderful, peaceful and creative 2010!

7 comments:

  1. happy new year my sweet fren :)) it's be an honor and the greatest pleasure to have met you in 2009 :))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year to you and yours. It's been my pleasure to blog with you and watch your creative process. You are one gifted lady and I hope to see more in the new year.

    tootles,
    bunny

    ReplyDelete
  3. happy new year from germany ... sounds like a wonderful year & a brilliant basis for 2010 ... i feel the same way! good luck & i hope you have a fabulous year, may all your dreams, hopes & wishes come true in 2010!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks everyone for such lovely comments! Wishing you all an amazing 2010 and lots of wonderful things! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy new year to you as well! I do hope 2010 brings you great success with your art, and that everything you wish for will come your way!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful post, Angie! Happy New Year! I made a resolution to lose 30 lbs. by July 1st. WE are vacationing in the Outer Banks this year and I want to feel good in a swimsuit. I need to stay focused.
    Your accomplishments are great, sweetie. I am excited to hear of the news about your latest endeavour. I look forward to hearing of the details. I am so happy you are on our team. You inspire me.
    Hugs to you!
    Wishing you a wonderful 2010!
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete