Search This Blog

Thursday, 14 October 2010

Deck the Halls

Those with sensitive dispositions please look away now. Yes, I'm going to remind you that there's only 78 days left til Christmas!

Taking a  leaf out of the big retailer's books, I've been busy making Christmas ornaments since - ooh, about August! In fact I now have a special "Christmas Decorations"section in my etsy shop.

Personally, I'm trying to slowly wean myself away from the red and white colour scheme which I automatically tend to go for, and have a change this year. I'd love some inspiration, and to know what  Christmas colours you'll be decorating with?

7 comments:

  1. First, I must say that the peacock ornie remains my favorite! As for decorating, I tend to use ALL colors........my house is really colorful and the more color the better looks great as far as my tree is concerned:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aaaagh, you had to remind me that Christmas is coming didn't you! That's OK, I forgive you!

    I love your little heart ornies. I just love red for Christmas, with a little white or cream and some gold...I know, so traditional.

    I'm like Stephanie with my Christmas tree though ~ anything goes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your peacock feather painted heart is just gorgeous!!

    As for what i'm doing this christmas? well i'm doing the red and white but in a more simplistic shabby/scandinavian way than the usual way ;)

    Micki x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dearest sweet Angie, these ornaments are really gorgeous and so festive! Loving your christmas items lots! Have a lovely merry happy day and love to you!


    jacqueline
    http://jqlinesocuteithurts.typepad.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Steph, Maggie hmm - lots of colour eh - that's got me thinking! Thanks :)

    Micki you're a girl after my own heart - I do love red and white :)

    Jacqueline thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my, I'm not ready for the holidays! But this ornament is gorgeous! So simple but so beautiful. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh these are wonderful Angie! I love your ornaments and the new designs are fabulous!
    ♥Sharon

    ReplyDelete