Thursday 10 October 2013

Round Robin Journal 7 - Lisa's Journal

The penultimate journal in our round robin, and one of my favourite colour themes so far...rust...
I had great fun making my rusty pages. I've worked mainly in paint, paper and oil pastels and added a wooden heart and gold thread...
The rust journal belongs to Lisa... she is a talented writer as well as an artist. The quote I chose for her is "Writers, like coins, grow dear as they grow old. It's the rust we value, not the gold..."
I also tried rusting on paper for the first time ... the two keys were done with this technique - definitely something I'd like to experiment more with! I'm planning a mini tutorial soon if you'd like to read more about it.

5 comments:

  1. So lovely! I think you've had fun making these pages. And very fitting for Autumn. Hope you are well xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful. I LOVE the rust stain with the key. Would like to find out how you did that. Also love that quote. NICE work all of the pages you did are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gemma said everything I wanted to say!!! That quote is perfect! And the rusty-ness. The turquoise really sets the whole thing off...fabulous work my friend! ♥ ♥ ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm lucky enough to be hosting Lisa's journal & able to view these gorgeous pages in real life. They are beautiful Angie, I love the stunning effects you have created & look forward to your tutorial. These rusty colours are so warm and inviting. The mix of paint techniques & mixed media make these pages beautifully rich and I love the quote!!

    Lisa will love these pages :-)
    Hugs
    Kat Xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am partial to autumn so am partial to this post. very well done!

    ReplyDelete