Thursday 6 September 2012

Round Robin Project - Journal Number 6

My heart beat a little faster when I opened the package containing Tammy's beautiful journal - think it was the sight of the real lock and key on the cover, I LOVE them!!
 
I didn't actually realise til I posted these photos but I think I've been unconsciously influenced by the colours Tammy's used on the cover - I've definitely gone a bit autumnal with my pages! 
 
The butterflies above were stamped onto torn watercolour paper and washed over with rich colour. I've added a tea-stained paper rose too, to give an aged feeling.
 
Tammy included some interesting mixed media bits and pieces with her journal, for us to use if we wanted. I loved the textured paper and the "Embrace Life" slogan (on the bottom right above) so brought those into my pages ...
 
Here's the full spread -

And of course, a tag to finish!
 This will now be sent on it's way to the last 2 participants in the swap, before winging it's way all the way across the ocean again, back to Tammy :)

6 comments:

  1. I LOVE how how you did something SO "Angie" with the different windows and collaged bits of color, shapes and texture- LOVE this! And for it to be totally Angie, you HAD to include your butterflies!
    Gorgeous-ness, I know Tammy will love it too when it makes it way back to her!
    xx
    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the rich autumn colors you used, and the splashes of greeny-turquoise add a wonderful brightness to the warmth. It's gorgeous! As Steph said, it's so "Angie" and I think it is so much Tammy's style too! I love it, and I know she will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the window art!! And the butterflies!
    She will love this, I know I do!!
    I am gravitating to autumn colors myself just as
    A underlying wish that it was here already.
    There is so much to LOVE about Fall!!

    Beautiful pages!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow!! These are all SO gorgeous you'd have to pry them from my clutching hands!!
    Seriously though, nothing better than seeing artists working together, what a wonderful project! What happens to the book once it's completed? How do you ever decide who gets to keep it?
    ♥Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay!! I am doing a happy dance. I love it! It's full of you. Thank you so much for including one of your gorgeous collages with all of the fun bits and pieces. I can't wait to see it in person.
    I cannot wait to have our journals returned to us. I know it will be so much fun perusing the pages and savoring the art work.

    Ah the fall. I am very much looking forward to it. Today it was in the mid 90's and it is now 9pm and still 81.

    XO,
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Maggie, Steph and Kim thank you all so much for your kind comments :) LOVE all your work in the books I've seen so far!

    Sharon thank you! We each started our own journal so there are 8 in total and we'll all get our own one back at the end.

    Tammy I'm really happy you like it - your journal is beautiful and was a pleasure to work in. And enjoy the sun whilst you have it! x





    ReplyDelete