Thursday 14 November 2013

Round Robin Journal 8 - Kat's Journal - TheFinal One!

Kat's journal was the last one for me to work on as part of our Round Robin Journal Swap

A bit sad it's come to an end but it's nice thinking of all the journals having travelled full circle and on their way back home. 

Kat's theme was teal, magenta and silver and these are my pages...
First, I painted her some magenta lotus flowers on a teal background.
I love these vintage-look postcard images and knew I wanted to include them in Kat's book ...
And a magenta-toned peacock seemed to work, for some reason!
Finally I chose this quote, as Kat is the most wonderful writer and story-teller...
This journal is now safely back with Kat. My own journal is on it's way home to me too, travelling all the way across the ocean from the US. And best of all, it's now filled with the gorgeous work of the other 8 artists (and dear friends) who took part in the round robin. I can't wait!


2 comments:

  1. These pages couldn't be more perfect Angie! Those lotus flowers are so pretty...with all of your beautiful collage work, we cannot forget that you are a fabulous painter too.
    The quote was written just for Kat it seems. ♥ ♥ ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are beautiful pages you made for Kat. Love the lotus flowers. and vintage postcards everything looks fantastic!

    ReplyDelete