Saturday 24 December 2011

Christmas old, Christmas new...

We have a special 2 week challenge at Inspiration Avenue - our last one for this year, set by the lovely and endlessly inspiring Lisa from Priti Studio. 

The theme is old, new, borrowed, blue. I am planning on making some art for the challenge, but in the meantime I was thinking about how the saying could apply to Christmas too...
  
Memories and mementos from days past are my "something old" - I always dig out the now dog-eared first Christmas card my son made at nursery, and the woodwork ornaments my late dad made by hand for me. This tiny little Santa, complete with reindeer and sleigh, sits on my mantelpiece every year :)
I always try and buy a "something new" decoration at Christmas too, to mark each year. This year's find is these pretty little houses from the Christmas market
"Something borrowed" - meet our office mascot! I couldn't bear to think of him all alone in the office over Christmas so I brought him home 
(yes, I am that sad. It's Christmas, don't judge me!)
And finally "something blue". Red is my usual Christmas colour, but one of my favourite cards this year is in icy blue and white. Isn't it pretty? 
 
 We'd love you to join in our challenge and create something based on this theme - you have until 1st January to submit your work of art here. 

Wishing you the Merriest Christmas ever!
love Angie xxx

5 comments:

  1. I love your Santa! I love Christmas decorations to be a collection of things the children have made, friends have given etc- they are all so special
    A very Merry Christmas to you:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merry Christmas my fren ... what a fuzzy heartfelt posting :) and a beautiful entry to Lisa's theme ...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Merry Christmas my sweet fren ... what a fuzzy and heartfelt posting :) and a beautiful entry to Lisa's theme ...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Merry Christmas dear friend ~ here's to a wonderful New Year filled with hopes and dreams come true, laughter around every corner, and love abounding!
    Thank you so much for your continued friendship ~ forever priceless!
    ♥Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi honey
    Just had to come by and wish you a very Happy New Year. Looking forward to lots of visits with you in 2012
    Love
    Maggie

    ReplyDelete