Wednesday 26 August 2009

Sneak Preview!

Quick preview of a mixed media painting that I'm working on. Actually, I'm becoming so obsessed with making these little luggage tags that I may well end up with enough for two canvases! Sometimes a painting starts off as just a title, and this one started that way. It's going to be called "The Memory Collector". I'm fascinated by old collections and the objects that people attach sentiment and value to. I've used lots of techniques here, including simple printing, pen and ink drawing (the little hot air balloon) and tea staining. This work is for a gallery showing I am part of in September - as part of the Didsbury Arts Festival I'll have some work exhibited at the Novus Gallery. I'll post a photo of the finished work when it's done.

5 comments:

  1. O...M...G!!!! AHHHHHHH!!!! i want them ALL! ALL!!! ANGIE!!! you are making me go crazy! these are absolutely totally utterly GORGEOUS!!! OMG OMG OMG!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this piece. Sometimes it is more fun to work with smaller pieces and add lots of detail. These are gorgeous, as Luthien put it so well. lol Can't wait to see it all finished.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are fabulous Angie and I adore the color theme and tiny details!! So happy to see you painting and an early "best wishes" on the show.♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the whimsy...especially the hot air balloon. Instead of staff stealing your luggage belongings, they'll steal the tags...lol

    tootles,
    bunny

    PS..I just have a plane trip on my mind...don't mind me ~

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks everyone for your kind words! Enjoy your trip, Bunny!

    ReplyDelete